Thursday, February 5, 2009

Point-Counterpoint

As promised, the new Point of Departure webmag has a healthy roundtable discussion with Jen Baker, myself, and Jon Raskin about the current state of creative music in such tricky times. Editor Bill Shoemaker seems to be especially interested in focusing on hardship, which I find a distraction from the more important questions we could be facing. After all, music is about a lot more than making it and getting paid for it. There's also hearts to inspire and our own characters to develop and grow! I think Jen did the best job of getting to the heart of things, and Jon did a great job of rounding up all the bottom line factors. I found myself somewhere in between. Funny to see how my own perspective lines up in the spectrum of voices.

Anyway, go read it for yourself: http://www.pointofdeparture.org/PoD21/PoD21WhatsNew.html

No comments: